Saturday, August 21, 2010

Home

Home is taking a whole new meaning for me...and I truly believe its where the heart is.

{Our new home is in the suburbs of Philadelphia.  We share our two story house with six teenage boys...or maybe they share the house with us...we are still unpacking, but it feels like we are home}

Drama has been pretty low since we took over...I think because there is no parental struggle with us...we are almost their peers...so maybe they don't feel like we are trying to control them.

Orientation at Eastern has been really great...I feel like I am at home with my cohort...it's such a privilege to know that I will be spending the next year with people that have the same passions and love for the world and others.  It feels like Mission Year.

There are so many great opportunities that I will have this year:  Costa Rica for Spring Break, DC for a day, a possible visit to the UN in NY...and any conference that we think will be beneficial to us (like the CCDA in Chicago next month).  

{Home is where the Hubbs is...he has been so amazing during this transition...not only is he primarily responsible for our youngsters, he has taken very good care of me.  He has been very encouraging and loving, despite his exhaustion.  I am so happy that we are married and get to experience this year together.}

Much love,
Emily Elizabeth

6 comments:

  1. God is so good.He has so many wonderful adventures for us as we take his hand and walk through life with him. It is not always easy, but it is full of HIM...and he's all we need.

    Love you,
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear that you are adjusting to your new lifestyle. We will continue to pray for you and Jon throughout this journey. We miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww I miss you guys too...and can't wait to see you sooner than later!

    we are working on our "adventure blog" so stay tuned...newlinweds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man. That's so cool. Chris is in love with Costa Rica. He would totally move there today if we could.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow. i'm trying to picture your home in philadelphia. it's amazing the places God takes us to! I wouldve never in a thousand years guess that God would bring me and my family to East Texas!
    You have so many things to look forward to! Going to Costa Rica?! DC?! NY?!!!
    i've been applying to grad schools near Boston...thinking of what God has in store for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay! i need to catch up on your adventure blog as well!

    ReplyDelete