My camera does not really do them justice...
I started with these, simple RITVA curtains from Ikea...I have a kind of burlap color which is not available online...
I also have one small window and a double window in my bedroom...so I needed three curtains. Ikea curtains are made where you cut them to the length you need for your window and then use iron-on binding to make a hem at the bottom...so, I just used the access from both curtains to make a third. It worked out perfectly (and may have been a Divine blessing :))
So, once I sewed and cut the appropriate pieces, I made a stencil. I am a HUGE fan of clover shapes...and since I will probably never get the Van Cleef clover I so desire,
I decided that the print of my curtains should look like it :) So I searched Pinterest until I found this:
Then I gathered my supplies...painters tape, a drop cloth, stencil sponges and acrylic paint...I ended up using two 8 fluid oz. bottles of white paint for all three curtains.
After letting each curtain dry, I hung them up in our room...and absolutely adore how it looks! When it is day time, the light comes through and the design is a dark outline.
At night, the white stands out, letting me dream about one day getting a Van Cleef clover. Hey, a girl can dream!
Now we just need my quilt on the bed and some decor on the walls...it's coming together...verrryyy slowly...but I like that it is all very intentional.
Another small design element that I really wanted to try was to use matte and gloss paint to create a design on our night stands.
Thanks for sharing my fun with curtains...let me know if you have any questions!