Saturday, May 7, 2011

i miss my mommy

but she is with me everyday...

I wrote as my Facebook status today that my mom is with me everyday - in the choices I make, the thoughtfulness and love I show to others, the creativity that I express myself with, the loyalty and support I show my husband, and the devotion I seek My Father with daily...all of this I learned from her.

Its so true...and I can add even more - in the small but beautiful things, anything red, a good book, the songs that give me chill bumps, anytime I cut something out from plastic lamination, anytime I laugh so hard I think I might pee my pants, whenever I see a red phone booth, when I think about the beach, when I finish a crochet project, when something happens and I know it was God, when I think about home, oh and anytime I see hearts...my mom is with me.

Mom, you have shared so much of yourself with me (and Amy) that is hard to go one day without thinking of you. It makes my heart long to be closer, but you also taught me how to follow God's calling and to trust...which leads me all over the country (and soon to be the world). When you say you are proud of me, my heart is pleased. Thank you for always letting me know that you are proud of me and for loving me just the way I am. You have never told me to change anything...and I think this is why I am so free...free to be me and know the Lord with all of my heart.

I love you Mom,
Em-izzy

1 comment:

  1. Em, surely you have another mom hidden somewhere! Thank you for the lovely words and all the love you have shared with me since the day you were born. I am so proud of my girls (and now my son). You are the biggest and best investments of my life.

    Have a good Mom's day (since you are one this year), mom

    ReplyDelete