Thursday, April 1, 2010

listen to love

While I was in Chicago, my roommies and I discovered Jon Foreman.  Not Switchfoot...Jon Foreman EPs...

Mission Year isn't always the easiest commitment (see http://www.missionyear.org/), but Jon carried us through some pretty life changing times.  And I think what we love most about his music is that he helped us reflect on what was going on around us and what was going on inside of us.
Or get a mix of all of them with Limbs and Branches.

I had the chance to meet Jon a little over a year after I finished Mission Year...I thanked him for being so transparent and for taking the time to make his personal work available to us...and for letting God use him in our year of service.

But again, I say...Thank you Jon Foreman, for encouraging us to love and be world changers!

Much love,
Emily Elizabeth

4 comments:

  1. Have you heard Fiction Family, Jon Foreman's side project with the lead singer of Nickel Creek? Love it and love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...some of their songs are on his EPs too...they get a little crazy for me :)

    I think one of the reasons I love Foreman so much is because his songs are clean and simple...but packed with heart...you know?

    love you too squirt...and MISS YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite (and least comfortable) songs is "Instead of a show"

    ReplyDelete
  4. huh. I didnt know he had his own cds. I remember reading about him taking over Mia Farrow's fasting to raise awareness about the crisis in Darfur and thought that was pretty cool. I'm listening to his songs on Pandora now and I love his voice! You're right, his songs are simple but the lyrics are powerful.

    ReplyDelete