Friday, April 2, 2010

oh the wonderful blood of Jesus

I guess I should have just saved yesterday's post for today :)


Foreman did a small show in Tyler, TX...the only time anything cool has happened within 1.5 hours of my hometown in the last 25 years, and I wasn't there...so sad :)

The wonderful blood of Jesus:

Oh sweet Savior...You have given more than I could ever have thought up on my own...my small human brain is so limited and Your endless love and grace stretches it constantly...sometimes so much it hurts...thank You for breaking me out of who the world wants me to be and for revealing Yourself to me in new ways every day. Thank You for giving me the ability to see Your beauty in the small things and Your love in the difficult times. Thank You for placing every single person around me in my life and for trusting me to be a vessel of Your Love in their life.

Thank You for dying for me...for forsaking Yourself for others...for allowing Your blood to be spilled out...for permitting human injustice to bring about God's Justice...something we will never understand without You.

It is a Good Friday, but I believe it couldn't have been that "good" the Friday You died...the Friday that your closest friends gave up hope...thank You for being faithful, even though we are not. Thank You for Your Grace that we will never grasp entirely.

I love You with all my heart...my small human heart...please use me to show others how much You love them.

Your lovesick follower,
Emily Elizabeth

2 comments: