Tuesday, March 30, 2010

the green key

One of the best gifts I have ever received was from my husband right after we got married...a green key to our apartment.

I freaked out...you see, green is my absolute favorite color...and when he went to have the key duplicated, he could have gotten me just any key...but a shapeless little green key must have caught his eye...

when he gave it to me, he could not figure out why I was so excited...well, let me tell you

yes, alot of people know my favorite color is green...but we had been just married...this was our first home...and this gift of green key was all the proof in the world that I needed to know that I married the right man...one that would show me he loved and thought about me often through small, meaningful gifts...

what more could a girl want...might as well have been the green key to my heart

much love to the hubbs,

Emily Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. That was SO thoughtful. Small gifts like that truly do show how much someone knows you. Reminds me of my friend who brought me coffee bean earrings back from Mexico. ^.^ Warms my heart.

    ReplyDelete