Monday, October 25, 2010

The art of steeping

So many of us spend our days rushing and running...it's not hard to apply this same lifestyle with our spiritual one...

Many American Christians feel they need to work for God's love and grace...but I propose a different approach:

steeping in God's presence

Psalm 131 says:

{My heart is not proud, O LORD, my eyes are not haughty; 
I do not concern myself with great matters 
or things too wonderful for me.

But I have stilled and quieted my soul; 
like a weaned child with its mother, 
like a weaned child is my soul within me.

O Israel, put your hope in the LORD 
both now and forevermore.}

I love this Psalm...it comes from a humbled heart, depending on God...it brings memories of being comforted by my mother...and encourages us to quiet ourselves before Him

So take some time, friends, to rest in the love and grace that the Savior gives freely.

Much love,
Emily Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment