Thursday, November 3, 2011

the older women

Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, hard working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled. 
{Titus 2:3-5

I am thankful everyday for the godly, older women that have been in my life. When I was having quiet time this morning, this verse brought my mother and grandmothers to mind. I feel that these women have embodied  Titus 2:3-5...they have provided for the other young women of my family and me examples of how to be a loving wife...self-controlled, pure, hard working...and yes, submissive to their husbands...not that they really have to be all that much...because my father and grandfathers take care of their wives like they are a precious treasure.

I am thankful that I have had so many wonderful examples of loving marriages in my life. It really helps a newlywed out!

Much love,
Emily Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment