Friday, July 2, 2010

Notes

Yesterday began my birthday month!  Yes, that's right...having a summer birthday was always sad as a kid because my friends were out of town/on vacation when my day rolled around...so my parents let me have the whole month to celebrate, ie make my b-day an excuse to do something fun with the family...so I still do it today...the hubbs is being a trooper...I think he will find that just wishing me a "Happy Birthday Month" everyday is just what I need :)

Speaking love into my life is as easy as a couple of words...I got this message on Facebook this morning...

{Hey! How have you been lately? I know I just saw you on wed. but yet it seems like its been FOREVER! :) Anyhow, I feel like I should let you know something.. you ruined my life. Now, before you get upset let me expound upon this idea. Shane Claibore says that Jesus ruined his life.. well you kinda did the same for me.. in a beautiful, wonderful, lovely way though. Emily, you introduced me to ideas, revelations, and facts that I have never even thought of. And, because of the spark that you've ignited in me I've learned more, so much more that my parents call me a "liberal-idealist-Jesus-hippie". God spoke through you to speak truth, life and love into my. You've helped me figure out stuff in my life and I will always be grateful.}

Letting someone know how much you appreciate them can make a bigger difference than buying them a car...or giving them $100...because it lets that person know that they are fulfilling their purpose on this earth...and that they are loved for it...

Do you have someone that has made a difference in your life lately?...a quick note could make their life.

Much love,
Emily Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. i like the idea of a whole birthday month!
    birthdays are such a huge deal for me too and what a sweet thoughtful message.

    ReplyDelete